Tax exempt, FINSOM is committed to ensuring an efficient and effective mediation system, as independent as the judicial system, that provides added value to businesses, their customers and employees, in the common interest of an efficient and sustainable free economy.
Among other things, FINSOM aims to contribute to :
- Enterprise risk management.
- The discharge of the judicial system.
- Combating unfair business practices.
- Efficient and effective financial market supervision.
- The reduction of healthcare costs.
- The good reputation of the Swiss financial center.
- Guarantee an impartial, specialised and transparent mediation system in the Swiss financial sector.
- Managing affiliations of companies that join by legal obligation or voluntarily.
- Handling of complaints concerning affiliated companies.
- Conducting mediations in commercial or work relations.
- Publication of an annual activity report.
- Contribution to the supervision and regulation of the financial sector.
- Any activity with the main goal of making a profit.
- Advising affiliated companies, clients or employees.
- Defending the interests of affiliated companies, clients or employees on a political or legal level.
- Distribution of third party products or services.
- Tax authority of the Canton of Valais – Respect of the public interest goal.
- Federal Department of Finance (FDF) – Compliance with the requirements of the Financial Services Act (FinSA) for Commercial Mediation and the proper conduct of the mediation body.
- Labour Inspection Authority – Compliance with the requirements of the Labour Law (LL) for Workplace Mediation.