- A FinSA ombudsman office recognised by the Federal Department of Finance (FDF) in 2020.
- The first ombudsman office of the Swiss financial sector to act in the public interest.
- A unique independence in the Swiss financial sector that guarantees impartiality.
- Specialised technical expertise in financial sector mediation.
- A member of the International Network of Financial Services Ombudsman Schemes (INFO-Network).
- Mediation is possible with parties in Switzerland and abroad, in 4 languages, with mediators in Zurich, Geneva, Ticino and Valais.
- The procedure at FINSOM is free of charge for the client.
- Transparent governance and financing.
- One ombudsman office for commercial and/or work related disputes – as desired.
Swiss and foreign financial institutions, financial service providers and client advisers can affiliate to FINSOM.
Affiliation to FINSOM can be :
- A condition for FINMA authorisation.
- A condition for registration in a Register of Advisers.
! Contrary to the register of advisers, the affiliation of client advisers is made in the name of the company.
Affiliate companies must comply with FINSOM regulations.
Affiliation and Procedural Fees
According to articles 75 para. 1 and 80 FinSA as well as the provisions on occupational health protection, affiliated companies finance the mediation body according to the principle of causality.
FINSOM’s affiliation procedure is quick and simple. It is possible to affiliate one or more companies at the same time via an online form.