- An ombudsman office recognised by the Federal Department of Finance (FDF).
- A member of the International Network of Financial Services Ombudsman Schemes : INFO-Network.
- Affiliate of the Financial Dispute Resolution Network: FIN-NET.
- The first tax-exempt ombudsman office of the Swiss financial sector.
- A unique independence in the Swiss financial sector with transparent governance and financing.
- One ombudsman office for commercial and/or work related disputes – as desired.
- Mediation is possible with parties in Switzerland and abroad, in 4 languages, with specialised mediators in Zurich, Geneva, Ticino and Valais.
- The procedure at FINSOM is free of charge for the client or employee but FINSOM does not admit obviously vexatious requests, by law.
- +1’000 affiliated advisers (FinSA), insurance intermediary (IOA), financial institutions (FinIA) and banks (BA).
The affiliation is in the Swiss or foreign company’s name.
Affiliation to FINSOM can be :
- A condition for FINMA authorisation.
- A condition for registration in a Register of Advisers.
Affiliate companies must comply with FINSOM regulations.
The deadline for resignation is September 30 for December 31.
Affiliation and Procedural Fees
According to articles 75 para. 1 and 80 FinSA as well as the provisions on occupational health protection, affiliated companies finance the mediation body according to the principle of causality.
FINSOM’s affiliation procedure is quick and simple. It is possible to affiliate one or more companies at the same time via an online form.